Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 32.....a bit behind, but still motivated

Ok, so honestly, I admit... I am a "bit" behind on my blog. I have been a bit side tracked, or distracted, however you want to put it. First off, I had my Grandchildren from Victoria come visit for the "Canadian Memorial Day Weekend".  That was last weekend, and it was wonderful to have them both here. Our oldest grandson, Travis ... now 22 and his beautiful sister Carlie who is already almost 17. Yikes I am getting old.
Well, we had a great weekend...and a very fun filled family day. Games, food, barbecue, and a whole lot of laughs.
It was also a Sad day because it brought to light how much I will miss these kids. Every single one of them...from our youngest ...Liam who is only 2 to our oldest...who is 22. Plus...we will really miss our girls. ... and our son in law Jim.
It is one of the downfalls of our plan. One of the Sad things we have to face. But I also know, that no matter how much I would like us all to stay together, close enough for bbq's and coffee, each and everyone of them will move on to do their own thing whenever that happens for them.
So..... I guess it is still our time...Right????
Secondly, we just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. Who would have ever dreamed that we would make it to 25 years. Well, I am hear to tell you all.... I intend to make it another 25 years.
I am happier, more content, more sure of life now than I have ever been. ... and I know that Don and I will have the best time in our endeavours. It will all work out.
Speaking of which.... our 5th wheel is now all fixed.. We have a hot water system that is up and operational...and should not start fire...ever again. It all checked out, things seem to be working well.... so I think we are up and running again.




Yesterday we celebrated a very special milestone... we were married 25 years. WOW. We spent it exactly true to style. We worked, then came home, had a drink or two...went out for dinner and went to bed early. Another typical day, with a few added bonuses. One...was the dinner out, but also, the roses Don bought for me... the "I love you " balloon, and the Kindle Fire that will be my wifi...my books... my games...my apps...everything easy that I need on my future travels. Thanks Hon... I love you always and forever. You will always be my best friend.
So... I am hopefully back on track. Going to have a very busy weekend... working thru the long weekend...and then off for a few days to a resort on Quadra Island to celebrate our 25 years.
Check in again with you all soon. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment