Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 15.... Good Ideas can pop up anytime or anywhere.

First off... I think that spring is finally here. Two days in a row of beautiful blue skies and warm sunshine. I worked a morning shift yesterday and today and both days I spent the afternoon mostly outside. It just feels soooo good. Everyone is happier when the sun shines. There are more smiles, more happy people. Everyone sheds the black and brown drabness of winter and dawns their bright cheery summer cloths. Peoples normal coffee habits change to iced coffees and frappaccinos. When the sun shines... everyone shines.
When I was leaving work today, I ran into a wonderful lady who has become a very dear friend. She is someone I really feel I can relate to and it was good to see her today. It had been awhile. We chatted a bit on the way out to my car and we talked about future walks, photo shoots and the up and coming summer. I told her about our planned adventures for next summer and even managed to send her a link to my blog right there in the parking lot. "Don't you just love technology "
Well,  the matter of our little house that we love so much, but will be giving up when we leave, kind of came up in the conversation. She mentioned that her and her husband might be interested in taking over as the tenants when we left. Wow..what a wonderful idea.
We have been here for 15 years, and have lovingly cared for, improved and transformed this little house into a home to be proud of. The yard is wonderful, big and full of trees and shrubs, some of which I have no idea what they are, but can tell you they are as old as the house. Over the years we have built up a wonderful little population of local birds that pretty much live here...that have their babies here and come back here each year.
When we decided to give up the house, I have had this one very sad feeling that someone would move in here...that just didn't care about the yard, someone who would never feed the birds or harvest the rhubarb that we have planted. Someone who wouldn't care about the house or feel about it the way we do.
But that all changed today. I can't imagine a better person to take over this place. I know that she would love it as much as I do. I know that her and her husband would enjoy it as much as we do. And I know that my wonderful Landlord would be able to relax and never worry about this old house that was once his Grandmothers.
Well......who knows if it will work out, but what a great thought. For this next 13 months of waiting and planning, it will be one less thing that I will be "stressing" about.
Hope everyone has had a great day and if you are here in our neck of the woods, hope you have been out enjoying some of this sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment