Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 16.... RV verses House

Ever since making this monumental decision to pack up the house and put everything in storage and move into the 5th wheel, I have had some moments of .... let's say..... Panic !!! Moments where I say to myself, " What the hell were you thinking?'  Have I totally lost my mind??
Well, I had the day off work today, and decided it was a day to get busy and do some cleaning that I have been putting off, for far too long. My kitchen floor just looked so neglected. You know...the built up old wax along the edges, the discolored spots thru-out...just really looking bad. So...out came the bucket, the scrub brush, the SOS, the heavy duty cleaners, the scraper and the sponge. I got down on my hands and knees (which anyone who knows me, knows that is almost an impossibility) and started to scrub. I got up once or twice while working but soon realized that made the job worse, because each time I got up, I really didn't want to get back down there. I scrubbed and scraped and cleaned the floor, and then washed it again and then finished it off by waxing it.
Wow....what a difference. It looked so good, it forced me to then go do the same thing to the bathroom floor, and after that I felt bad that the living room wood floors looked dusty and forgotten as well, so....guess what :(
Now, the day is done, and every bone in my body hurts...every joint, every muscle. I feel like I have been run over by a truck. But...the floors are clean.
So, back to my original statement... Have I totally lost my mind, deciding to move into a 23 foot 5th wheel, with no slide out, and 1/2 the floor is covered in carpet.
NOT AT ALL !!!!! I can hardly wait to have a kitchen floor that measures maybe 5 square feet... (maybe 10). Yup... I can hardly wait. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment