Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 17... a day off

Today was a good day. No work, no chores, no scrubbing floors. Just a day to play.  I went to Paulsbo to visit my daughter TC. Beautiful sunny day, good day for a drive. It takes just a bit over an hour to get there...so I left town at 9:30... no traffic issues, no backups...just sweet sailing all the way.   Well, until I hit the top of the hill above the hood canal bridge. Dead stop...bridge was closed. Couldn't even check the web cam on my iphone, because it immediatly blocked out the picture with a message saying, "when Navy openings are occuring, pictures are forbidden". Ok, so now I knew it was a Navy vessel that was the culprit. Dang Navy ( ooops....sorry Jim ).
A half to 3/4 hour later...I was on my way again. Had a great day, good visit with my daughter, awesome lunch at Silver City Pub in Silverwood, wandered around the Paulsbo super walmart..and then a bit of visiting time before heading home. I left Paulsbo at 4:15pm.....  ummmm .... rush hour. Traffic flowed pretty smoothly all the way home, regardless of the time of day , but it was bumper to bumper the entire way. It amazes me how many people now live on this peninsula. The population here has EXPLODED. People , people everywhere.
I am looking forward to the quiet laid back way of life in Soldotna. Where the traffic is never this bad....where there are no significant rush hours...and where you can be the only one on the road ...or just stop in the middle of the road to take a picture.
Well , there we go...one more "positive"...even after having such a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment