Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 65.... I am such a slacker :(

I can't beleive what a SLACKER I have become. I started this blog, with the wonderful idea of posting on a daily basis ...my thoughts...my feelings...my plans...ambitions, dreams. But...it seems I am on here less and less. One of my co-worker/fiiends said to me today, they thought our trip was "up in the air", not sure...wavering.
Well, that sort of told me that I am not being good enough about Blogging. I guess I don't fully understand, or fully appreciate what Blogging really is. So, I think I need to step it up a bit... be a bit more reliable and regular, especially if I want anyone to actually follow my blog. Perhaps it would seem more exciting if I knew others enjoyed reading this, or if I knew people looked forward to hearing the latest news or plans. But, although I see the statistics of my blog... how many views it receives in a a day, how many followers etc... no one ever posts a comment so I really never know if what I am doing is even being read.
Our friend Bill called up the other night and we chatted awhile. His first question was..."well...are you still coming next summer" ?? I told him .. OF COURSE WE ARE. So we talked about the place, the plan. We made the definete decision to house sit for him the following winter. He is planning on leaving for the south in September and eventually returning to his cabin in March . So that means, we can park the 5th wheel, move into the cabin in september and stay all winter. It will be an experience that I wouldn't miss for the world. I don't believe that one can take in the full Alaska experience, without spending the "SEASON'S". All of them. So, we closed our eyes, took a deep breath and decided to jump right in, with both feet and commit to the whole thing. I think Bill was pleased. So now...it is set. Now we can ad that to our plans as well.
I purchased a new toy to take with us when we go. I bought a new camera...a Nikon D3100, with a couple of lenses. I am very excited to have a new camera to use when we leave. I just need to know now, that I have lots of sd cards to record our journey and all the subsequent adventures we encounter.
So...YEP...it is still on, Possitively, Definetely ON.  And, I am going to try to be a bit more regular on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment