Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 8...Some people just don't get it !!

Today I had to bite my tongue, you know the old saying..."the customer is always right" .   HA!!!! I beg to differ, however, it is not my place to argue with someone buying their morning coffee. I have this regular older man who comes in to get coffee ususally every morning. He is older than me, but I don't think by any huge amount, but he is the classic...crochety, grouchy, totally negative old man. Hardly ever has a smile, never has much nice to say...but this morning he started up a conversation with me, that opened up an opportunity ( or so I thought ) for me to tell him that in one years time, we were retireing. The conversation went something like this:

me... " I am pretty excited... in one years time, my husband and I will be retireing, and heading north"

him... " there is no such thing as retireing in one year...either you are retired or you're not"

me... " well, like I said, not retired yet, but in one year we plan on being retired... at least...semi-retired, and that's exciting"

him...." Then as I said, you are not retired, and ...there is no such thing as semi-retired, that's just a pipe dream, in otherwards, you don't have enough money to retire"

me..."  well, that's right, but... we are packing up our 5th wheel anyhow and going north, to spend some time in Alaska"

him...."Do you like snow"

me..." not full time, but I think I can handle a winter up there... it would be fun and something different"

him..." oh, you think so do you, let me tell you about snow.. its cold, you can't walk in it, and anyone who says they like it is not really very truthful"

me..."??????????????"

Ok, so at that point he walks away, and says , have a nice day.
What ????????????

Well, I'm not real sure I'm a snow lover, not real sure I will ever be retired...fully....but I can tell you one thing... I have a much better attitude about life than that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment